Here is some additional information about who we are as an organization as well as dues and other updates.
- Our official name is The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Union of Black Episcopalians, (abbrev. PNW UBE or The PNW Chapter of the UBE).
- We are a member of the Western Region of the Union of Black Episcopalians.
- We are joining the chapters in Arizona, Los Angeles, and Northern California
- We are associated with Province 8 of The Episcopal Church, known as The Province of the Pacific
- Our Chapter covers the Dioceses of Oregon and Olympia.
- We are unique in that we cover a two-state area, Oregon and Washington.
- We have members and parishes coming onboard from Grants Pass in southern Oregon through Seattle and the many cities in between.
We Exist For:
- The cause of social justice in The Episcopal Church and the Pacific Northwest
- Education and celebration of the historical contributions of black Americans to the Episcopal Church
- Promoting positive, socio-cultural relationships in our communities around a common good (what this means to become better defined as we become a mature organization)
- Fostering a secure environment for advocates of minorities to become effective and confident at making a positive impact in racially biased and discriminatory situatlons as they occur.
- Church growth
Western Regional Conference
On May 2nd, I participated in our first UBE Western Regional conference through Zoom. I was given the opportunity to introduce our organization to the other regional chapters, and we received a warm welcome!
Hallelujah Anyhow! was an informative and enjoyable event which included a presentation about the state of the UBE by The Very Rev. Kim L. Coleman, our national president.
|Type of Membership||Description||UBE National dues (annual)||PNW Chapter dues (annual)||Totals|
|Individual(COVID-19 impacted)||Currently unemployed in 2020||$50||$25||$75|
|Retired||Retired or over age 66||$40||$40||$80|
|Family||All immediate household members||$75||$100||$175|
|Youth||Up to age 21||$25||$25||$50|
NOTE: You must register both locally and nationally to become a member of the Union of Black Episcopalians.
How to Register as a Member:
- The Pacific Northwest Chapter is in the process of becoming registered as a non-profit organization with the Secretary of State of Oregon.
- We are also creating a form online which will enable you to fill out your membership registration form and submit your dues to our Stripe account.
- You can also register your membership now by sending a check, payable to: The PNW Chapter of The UBE, and your completed form to the mailing address below.
The PNW Chapter of The UBE
PO BOX 96001
PORTLAND, OR 97296
If you know of anyone who might be interested in becoming a member that does not have access to email, send us their name and mailing address and we will send them a welcome packet!
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
- ADMINISTRATOR, Social Media and Webpage (Makes regular posts about our activities. Follows regional diocesan news.)
- SECRETARY, Records meeting notes and attendance
- TREASURER, Prepares quarterly financial reports for the chapter and manages accounts payable and membership dues.
Neither position will require a large time committment although the impact will be very important to how well we function and grow as an organization. We hope you will consider!
Please reach out to email@example.com or call if you have any questions or interest.
Sincerely in Christ,
Daniel W. Jones, MBA President
Rev. Maria McDowell, PhD. VP of Clergy Relations